Friday, March 29, 2013

LESBIAN BOOK#5 A Tale of Two Mommies by Vanita Oelschlager



Here's a children's book that touches the concept of homosexual parenting.


Of course I enjoyed it because I'm at a point where I'm willing to devour any semblance of lesbian stories/literature. On a lighter note, what I enjoyed about this book is its light and casual way of discussing a homosexual household's primary grounds on gender roles.

Gender roles, as it is at a fault, is predominantly sexist, so yes, the book touched the topic following that sexist point of view, but I think it is notable how from the child's point of view, there is no judgment.

Come to think of it, do you remember when sexual judgments began? I myself can't. Although I try my very best to remain neutral and unbiased when it comes to prejudices, I have to admit I have my lapses, but looking back, I can't really determine which point zero is.

So if you kinda miss that dotted line, perhaps A Tale of Two Mommies will help you remember... or at least realize that once upon a time, we all were clean slates.


Tell me about your ocean stories, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to leave a comment as I do read all of them. If you wish to talk to me conversely, tweet me @tomboyplanet.